Minecraft Archaeology Egg Hunt
As a small Easter Egg, the VALUE Foundation has prepared an archaeological egg hunt in Minecraft.
In this Minecraft map we have buried 20 big, purple eggs. You can find them by paying careful attention to the landscape and by digging down.
Can you find and eggscavate them all?
How to view or play the Egg Hunt Minecraft map yourself
The map was made for Minecraft 1.12.2 and may not run properly on older versions (the map should function fine in Minecraft 1.13) . These instructions are for Windows only. The map will not function on consoles (Playstation, Nintendo or XBox) or on Minecraft Pocket Edition (smartphones and tablets).
- You will need Minecraft and a Mojang Account to play this map.
- Download the map using the link above. It is in a zip folder
- Unzip the folder
- Copy the contents of the unzipped folder in your Minecraft saves
- You can get here by pressing start or the “windows” button, then typing %appdata%
- In your App Data folder, navigate to the .minecraft folder, and then to the your saves folder.
- Place the unzipped EggHunt Minecraft folder in the saves folder
- Start Minecraft and the EggHunt Minecraft folder should be available as one of the Singleplayer worlds.